City Sightseeing Open Top Tour Chester
Soak up the history and culture of this incredible medieval city, and make sure you see as much of it as you can on our open-top, double-decker buses. With 15 stops on the route, you can hop on and off as you please, giving you the chance to explore as much as you wish.
Book Your Tickets
The bus tour will introduce you to the all the things to do in Chester, including the famous City Walls, the Cathedral, and the Roman Amphitheatre. As you are transported around in style, sit back and enjoy discovering how Chester has survived and prospered through its unbelievable history.
Are you ready to explore one of the best preserved walled cities in Britain? With a number of medieval buildings, Chester is a brilliant place to visit for those who enjoy soaking up the history and culture of our ancestors. Your open-top bus journey begins at City Road / Station Road, with beautiful black and white buildings contrasted by bright red brickwork. This street crosses over the scenic canal as you head towards Foregate where the second bus stop is located. Hop off and check out the vast range of shops, whilst enjoying the old architecture which gives Chester so much character.
The bus passes Vicars Lane on its way to The Groves. This is a great place to hop off and take a stroll, with wonderful views to take in. Don’t miss Castle Drive and Lower Bridge Street at Bus Stops 5 & 8, by the dreamy river Dee. Castle Drive is a great place to walk alongside the University of Chester and embrace both historic and natural beauty, with plenty of grass and trees, and check out the old castle structure.
The bus passes Handbridge at Stop 7 on the way to Grosvenor Street, before reaching the Old Port area. This is where in earlier centuries, when the River Dee was a far mightier waterway than it is today, large ships used to discharge their cargoes for the City of Chester. The route passes Prince Street and Hunters Walk at stop 11, then St Werburgh Street at the 13th Bus Stop. Enjoy the views of the spectacular Cathedral before the bus loops back to City Road.
What are you waiting for? Buy your Hop-On Hop-Off ticket online today and get ready to feel & experience Chester.
24 hour bus tour ticket – Adult (16-59) £12.50, Child (5-15) £5.50, Family (2 ad & 3 ch) £26.00, Seniors (60+) & Students £10.50
24 hour bus tour ticket (sold through Stagecoach bus app) – Adult (16-59) £12.00, Child (5-15) £5.50, Family (2 ad & 3 ch) £25.00, Seniors (60+) & Students £10.00
Late Afternoon Special (from 2.30pm onwards) – £10
48 hour bus tour ticket – Adult (16-59) £16.00, Child (5-15) £8.00, Family (2 ad & 3 ch) £30.00, Seniors (60+) & Students £13.00
Bus and boat ticket – Adult (16-59) £16.50, Child (5-15) £7.50, Family (2 ad & 3 ch) £39.00, Seniors (60+) & Students £14.00
- Enjoy maximum flexibility. Your ticket is valid for 1 year from the booking date.
- Create your itinerary. Spend as much time as you like exploring each stop!
- Free booklet with deals and discounts at museums, restaurants, and other tours
- Audio guide with pre-recorded commentaries in English. English live guide on some departures
- 24/48hr unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with 360º panoramic views of Chester and surroundings
1. Chester Railway Station Outside Town Crier Public House
2. Roman Amphitheatre, Vicars Lane
3. The Groves (your connection with Chester Boat)
4. Pepper Street Grosvenor Shopping Centre
5. Castle Drive River Dee
6. Roodee Coach & Car Park
7. Handbridge St. Mary’s Church
8. Lower Bridge Street Deva Roman Experience
9. Grosvenor Street Grosvenor Museum
10. Race Course, Old Port Area (Outside Holiday Inn)
11. Princess Street (not on Sundays) City Centre Shops
12. Chester Bus Interchange
13. St Werburgh Street (Sundays Only) Cathedral & Town Hall
14. Foregate Street Queens Head Inn
15. City Road Outside Premier Inn