The stalls will be open between the following times:
- 10:30am-6:30pm Sunday to Wednesday
- 10:30am–8pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Situated outside the Town Hall near to Chester Cathedral, the xmas markets has a range of over 70 stalls selling Christmas gifts, arts and crafts goodies, fudge, local spirits and stocking fillers all surrounding the beautiful Christmas tree in the heart of Chester City Centre.
Whilst shopping you can treat yourself to a hot mulled wine to get you in the festive spirit. There is also a small selection of stands selling food ranging from hot dogs to hog roasts.
Also on site there is a bar where you get can buy drinks ranging from cocktails to real ale. It is free entry.
Chester’s food and drink scene really comes alive at this magical time of the year… the best restaurants to choose from and a great lineup of bars and nightlife for a festive tipple or two. Sleepy after partying then look at our guide to Hotels In Chester.
Still feeling festive then check out guide to the best Christmas Markets in the UK.
Hotels Nearby Chester Christmas Market
To fully immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere, consider staying at one of the hotels or guesthouses near Chester Christmas Market. Here are a few recommendations:
1. **Leonardo Hotel Chester**: Well situated in the centre of Chester, Leonardo Hotel Chester offers air-conditioned rooms, a fitness centre, free WiFi and a restaurant. This 4-star hotel offers room service and a 24-hour front desk. Guests can make use of a bar.
2. **Moxy Chester**: Set alongside the Shropshire Union Canal, this hip hotel is a 9-minute walk from Chester train station, 4 miles from Chester Zoo and 7 miles from McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Cheshire Oaks. Laid-back rooms with a modern vibe feature Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Family rooms provide sofabeds. An airy cafe/bar offers 24/7 snacks. Breakfast and limited parking are available.
3. **Mill Hotel & Spa**: This modern hotel, 0.5 miles from Chester Cathedral and 0.4 miles from Grosvenor’s Park, straddles both sides of a canal by means of a glass-walled footbridge. The modern rooms offer cable TV, free Internet access and tea/coffeemakers. Upgraded rooms have seating areas. Freebies include full English or continental breakfast, WiFi in public areas, parking, and use of the spa and leisure facilities, including a 60-ft Roman-style pool, a Jacuzzi, steam room and a gym. There’s also an on-site beauty and hair salon. There are 3 restaurants including 1 on a boat, plus a pub.
4. **The Coach House Inn**: This quaint, 19th-century inn next to Chester Christmas Market is an 8-minute walk from Chester Racecourse. The low-key rooms feature country-chic decor and are equipped with TVs, tea and coffeemaking facilities, plus free WiFi. Upgraded rooms add safes and city views. Breakfast is included, plus there’s a contemporary restaurant with a gastropub menu, and a cosy fireside lounge with leather armchairs.
5. **Hotel Indigo Chester**: Set in the historic city centre, this polished hotel is an 8-minute walk from Chester railway station, and 1 mile from both the Grosvenor Museum and horse racing at the Chester Racecourse. Stylish rooms with eclectic decor feature free Wi-Fi and minibars, plus flat-screen TVs, and en suite bathrooms with rainfall showers. Upgraded rooms add Nespresso machines and/or furnished balconies. There’s a refined restaurant, and an industrial-chic bar and lounge. Breakfast is available for a surcharge.
Or use the interactive map below:
Tours & Activities In Chester
Chester Christmas Market Traders
- Axbury Events
- Beeble Liquor
- Boulangerie Cecile
- Butternut Box
- Celtic Spirit Company
- Cheshire Candle Company
- Chester Wonderland
- Chocolate kisses
- Dipple Tipple
- Eat Indian
- Elegance Natural Skin Care
- Gourmet Jay
- Indian Gypsy
- Johnson’s Toffees
- Josh Johnson Ceramics
- Kushty Locks
- Mimes Reusables
- Moose and Bear Design
- Nidhoggr Mead Company
- O’Donnell Moonshine
- Olia Candles
- Pars Bazaar
- Sahi Earth
- Shires Kitchen
- Snowdon Craft Beer
- Sox UK
- The Bethlehem Shop
- The Christmas Hog
- The Crusty Pie Company
- The Great British Cheese Company
- The Quirky Cutlery Store
- The Silver Guru
- The Sunrise Patisserie
- Tiger Mountain
- UFO Fudge
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Chester Christmas Market?
Chester Christmas Market starts 17th November to 21st December 2023.
When does Chester Christmas Market start?
Chester Christmas market starts at 10:30am each morning. The first day is Friday 17th November 2023.
Where is Chester Christmas Market held?
Chester Christmas Market is located outside the Town Hall near to Chester Cathedral.
What time does Chester Christmas Market open?
Chester Christmas Market is open: Sunday-Wednesday 10:30am-6:30pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10:30am-8pm
Chester Christmas Market Address
Chester Christmas Market, Town Hall Square, Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 2HJ
Telephone Number – 01244 405 600
Christmas Markets Nearby
- Aberdeen Christmas Market
- Bakewell Christmas Market
- Belfast Christmas Market
- Birmingham Christmas Market
- Bournemouth Christmas Market
- Canterbury Christmas Market
- Chatsworth Christmas Market
- Covent Garden Christmas Market
- Edinburgh Christmas Market
- Harrogate Christmas Market
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
- Glasgow Christmas Market
- Knutsford Christmas Market
- Leeds Christmas Market
- Leicester Square Christmas Market
- Lincoln Christmas Market
- Liverpool Christmas Market
- Manchester Christmas Markets
- Matlock Christmas Market
- Salisbury Christmas Market
- York Christmas Market
- Winchester Christmas Market
- Worcester Christmas Market