This year, Liverpool Christmas Market takes place from Saturday 18th November until Sunday 24th of December 2023. This year the market has a new home and will be located in St Johns Gardens, William Brown Street and the North Entrance of Georges Hall.
Please note the market will be accessible from Lower and upper William Brown Street and via St Johns Lane.
The stalls on the market will have the following opening & closing times:
- 11am – 10pm Every Day
The xmas markets will have an array of stalls selling Christmas gifts, personalised decorations, arts and craft goodies, photo prints, jewellery and stocking fillers. It will also have a small selection of stands selling food ranging from the Yorkshire Pud Wrap Stall, the traditional swing grill selling a selection of sausages and burgers to vegan stalls.
There is also the big wheel and snow slide in Santa’s village to keep the family amused and a selection of bars including the tipi bar, ski bar, windmill bar and the new Bavarian bar where you can try a selection of German beers and hot cider.
Hotels Nearby Liverpool Christmas Market
To fully immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere, consider staying at one of the hotels or guesthouses near Liverpool Christmas Market. Here are a few recommendations:
1. **Holiday Inn Liverpool – City Centre**: A 3-minute walk from trains at Liverpool Central, this straightforward hotel is a 6-minute walk from the World Museum and 2 miles from The Beatles Story museum. Casual rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffeemaking equipment. Suites add separate living areas and kitchenettes. Children age 17 and under stay free in a parent’s room. Amenities include a restaurant, a hip cafe/bar and a gym, plus meeting space. Breakfast and parking are available.
2. **The Resident**: Once a warehouse and printworks, this building from the 1850s is now a contemporary budget hotel that’s a 4-minute walk from the Liverpool ONE shopping complex and a 5-minute walk from Liverpool Central train station. Contemporary rooms feature kitchenettes, free Wi-Fi and flat-screen smart TVs. Studios and suites add living areas; a split-level suite has a private garden. A continental breakfast is available for in-room delivery (fee).
3. **Hard Days Night Hotel**: Next to the Cavern Club, this Beatles-inspired hotel is a 4-minute walk from Liverpool James Street train station. The upscale rooms and suites with Beatles artwork offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffeemaking facilities; some have balconies. Upgraded quarters add sitting areas, skyline views, complimentary minibars and/or pianos. There’s an airy restaurant with wall-to-wall original Beatles artwork. A buzzy cocktail bar features wood-panelled walls, and a lounge bar offers live Beatles tributes on weekends, and afternoon tea.
4. **Aloft Liverpool**: A 7-minute walk from the Liverpool Waterfront, this contemporary city-centre hotel with a stately stone exterior is a 14-minute walk from The Beatles Story museum. The modern, airy rooms come with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Upgraded rooms offer city views or distinctive design features. Room service is available. The vibrant restaurant serves New York City-inspired cuisine. Other amenities include a lounge, a fitness centre and wood-panelled meeting rooms.
5. **The Dixie Dean Hotel**: Dedicated to the Everton football player William Ralph ‘Dixie’ Dean, this polished hotel in a 19th-century building is a 6-minute walk from Liverpool Lime Street train station and 16minutes’ walk from the Tate Liverpool art museum. It’s 3 miles from Goodison Park, home of Everton Football Club. Plush rooms feature Wi-Fi, smart TVs, and tea and coffeemaking facilities. Suites add sitting areas and/or whirlpool baths. There’s a genteel restaurant/bar with an old-world vibe. Breakfast is available.
Or use the interactive map below:
Tours & Activities In Liverpool
Still feeling festive then check out guide to the best Christmas Markets in the UK.
Liverpool Christmas Market, St George’s Plateau, St George’s Place, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 1JJ
Telephone Number – 0151 233 3020
Christmas Markets Nearby
- Belfast Christmas Market
- Birmingham Christmas Market
- Chatsworth Christmas Market
- Chester Christmas Market
- Covent Garden Christmas Market
- Edinburgh Christmas Market
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
- Knutsford Christmas Market
- Leicester Square Christmas Market
- Lincoln Christmas Market
- Manchester Christmas Markets
- York Christmas Market
- Winchester Christmas Market