This year, Glasgow Christmas Market will hopefully be starting at the end of 2023, dates to be confirmed. Located at St Enoch Square and George Square in the heart of Glasgow’s City Centre. There will also be the return of the ice rink, observation wheel, ice climbing wall and more.
St Enochs Glasgow Christmas Market
Old favourites of St Enochs Christmas Market will return including street food stalls, a marshmallow toasting station, and the Bavarian moose bar and swing grill where you can grab mulled festive drinks.
Dates to be confirmed.
The stalls will be open between the following times:
- Saturdays and Sundays – 10am till 9pm
- Exceptions to times on Saturdays and Sundays include: Christmas Eve (10am-8pm), Christmas Day (CLOSED), New Years Eve (10am-8pm), and New Years Day (CLOSED).
- Monday to Friday – 12pm till 9pm
- Exceptions to weekday times include: Thursday December 22nd and Friday December 23rd (10am-9pm), Tuesday December 27th – Friday December 30th (10am-9pm), and Monday January 2nd and Tuesday January 3rd (10am-9pm).
Hotels Near Glasgow Christmas Market
To fully immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere, consider staying at one of the hotels or guesthouses near Glasgow Xmas Market. Here are a few recommendations:
1. **Motel One Glasgow**: This modern hotel next to Glasgow Central train station is surrounded by restaurants and bars. It’s an 11-minute walk from the statues at George Square and 4 minutes’ walk from shopping at Buchanan Street. Polished rooms with a railway theme feature free Wi-Fi, 43-inch smart TVs and rainfall showers. They also offer city views. A breakfast buffet is available for a surcharge. Other amenities include a refined bar and an industrial-chic lounge. Pets are welcome for a fee.
2. **Carlton George Hotel**: This upscale hotel in the city centre is a 4-minute walk from both George Street station and the Gallery of Modern Art. Plush, modern rooms feature en suite bathrooms and flat-screen TVs, plus tea and coffee making facilities. Minibars and decanters of whisky, gin and vodka are complimentary, as is Wi-Fi. All Club and Executive rooms have access to an executive lounge with free drinks, and some have balconies with city views, plus additional living space and iPod docks. A rooftop restaurant serves contemporary Scottish food along with afternoon tea.
3. **Point A Hotel Glasgow**: In a bustling area filled with shops and eateries, this informal budget hotel is a 5-minute walk from Queen Street railway station, and a 3-minute walk from the upscale shops on lively Buchanan Street. Snug, streamlined rooms come with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Upgraded rooms offer windows. A continental breakfast buffet is available for a surcharge.
4. **Ibis Styles Glasgow Central**: Near bars, restaurants and shops, this modern budget hotel is a 5-minute walk from Glasgow Central train station and a 13-minute walk from George Square, which is filled with statues of renowned Scots. Unfussy rooms feature free Wi-Fi and satellite/cable TV, as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Suites add sofa beds. A breakfast buffet is complimentary. There’s a colourful restaurant and a bar. Parking is available for a fee.
5. **Radisson Blu Hotel – Glasgow**: In a sleek contemporary building, this hip hotel is 0.2 miles from Glasgow Central train station and 0.3 miles from Princes Square Shopping Centre. Slick rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and iPod docks, as well as minibars. Upgraded rooms add complimentary breakfast and Nespresso machines, while suites offer separate living areas. An apartment features a kitchen, 2 lounges and 3 TVs. There’s a fine-dining restaurant, a chic cocktail bar and a relaxed pub. Other amenities include a health centre with an indoor pool and a gym.
Or use the interactive map below:
Tours & Activities In Glasgow
George Square Glasgow Christmas Market
The opening of the Christmas Fair at George Square will be at midday on Thursday, December 1st. It will have an ice rink in the heart of the city.
- Monday to Friday – 10am-10pm (last skating session at 9pm)
- With the exceptions of: Thursday December 1 (Noon-10pm), and Boxing Day, Monday December 26 (Noon-10pm).
- Saturdays and Sundays – 10am-10pm (last skating session at 9pm)
- With the Exceptions of: Christmas Eve (10am-8pm, last skating session at 7.00pm), Christmas Day (CLOSED), New Years Eve (10am-8pm, last skating session at 7pm), and New Years Day (CLOSED).
Still feeling festive then check out guide to the best Christmas Markets in the UK.